We want to ensure that Kelmscott Manor is welcoming to all visitors and we are committed, wherever possible, to removing and reducing any barriers you may face to visiting us.
If you have access needs you would like to discuss with a member of the team prior to your visit please call 01367 252486.
Getting Around the Buildings
There is step free access to the ground floor of the house, the gardens, shop and tearoom for wheelchair users.
- Carers are admitted free of charge. Wheelchair users pay reduced rate admission.
- Guide dogs and hearing dogs are permitted in all areas of the Manor.
- An accessible toilet is located adjoining the Welcome Barn.
- Within the house there is an access folder with information on the upstairs rooms and attic.
- Some picnic benches on our tea lawn are wheelchair accessible.
We welcome all types of mobility vehicles; we have two manual wheelchairs which are available for use. Please ask a member of staff on site for assistance.
Due to the narrow doorways and for the protection of the collection we may ask visitors using motorised wheelchairs to transfer to manual wheelchairs before entering the manor.
An Electric Shuttle bus runs between the car park to the Manor throughout the day, for those unable to make the 10 to 12-minute walk to the Manor.
Our Accessibility Guide can be found here.